Content

A New Welcome

I can proudly say I am finally reading Hamlet. Yay!
(And I don't tire to ask, don't you love the Provensen?)
Like Don Quixote, my mind turned crazy after reading so many books throughout my life, until the inevitable came to pass. A frenzy fever took over my persona. It was around last year, I felt the urge to produce, and I did, lots of bookmarks and fewer cards. All with tattered books from my favorite illustrators as my accomplices.

At the time, as part of my grandiose dreams, I toyed with opening an Etsy store, but I didn't. That season I sold a few bookmarks, gave many away, and kept on  living my life. And life for me equals enjoying my housewife duties (performed with pleasure most of the time), my time homeschooling learning along with my girls, reading, writing, having deep talks with my favorite book crazy friend, did I say reading and writing?

But every time I cleaned the shelves or went to book hunts of different sorts, that Etsy store idea intercepted my other thoughts. Books Complicity debuted on Etsy in April. Three months after, I can proudly say I have sold over two dozen books. The bookmarks that prompted me to open that Etsy corner have not done well. But no harm done. I still love making them and giving them away or selling some locally.
Once the store was opened, like the mouse that was given a cookie, the blog showed up in my musings. I gave it a facelift and started blogging about some of my Etsy books, and others, but the blog gave me the perfect excuse to search the net for other blogs by kindred people. Not only did I found those, I have bartered book for book with an Etsy seller and book blogger lady, and I have contributed a guest post to a book savvy and fun mom.

I have had two give away contexts, and I am having a third one that will end next Tuesday. And I got to think all I have written about books in my other blog, www.silviacachia.com. I have imported those posts, and I will be publishing them as time allows, under these two categories, grown ups complicity, and children complicity.

After my many endeavors one of the constants has been the BOOKS. Another constant is education, thus I will always write at my other blog. But it was about time to have a space completely book crazy.

I hope you will share some BOOKS COMPLICITY with me!

0 In Your Words:

Labels

A Big Treasury of Little Animals (1) A Peaceble Kingdom (1) ABC (1) About Books Complicity (1) About Reading (1) agatha christie (1) Aladdin (1) alice dalgliesh (1) Aliki (1) ALL SOLD-GIFTED (5) Alligator (1) ambleside curriculum (1) angela barrett (1) anita lobel (1) Ant (1) Anthony Browne (1) Arnold Lobel (1) art (1) art/craft/cooking (2) Artist-Composer (1) Babar (1) Babbitt (1) baby (1) Barkley (1) Barney's Adventures (3) Bear (1) Biography (1) Birthday (1) Blogging for books (2) Blogroll (1) Blue (1) Book Blogs (1) Book Illustrations (1) Book Journals (1) Book reviews (9) Bookmark Notebook Holder (1) Bookmarks (5) Books Complicity (42) Books Complicity Give Away (8) books from traditional songs (1) Books NEVER to deconstruct (2) Books to Bond with (6) Boy (2) Brighty of the Grand Canyon (1) caldecott (1) Caldecott Art (1) Cat (2) Chapter Books (1) Chester (1) Children Complicity (18) Christianity (1) Christina Katerina and the Box (1) christmas (1) Dagmar Wilson (2) Danny and the Dinosaur (1) dava sobel (1) David Shannon (1) Dinosaurs (1) Don Madden (1) e.b. white (1) education (1) Edward Lear (1) Esther Averill (1) Estimation and Election (1) etsy (42) Farm Animals (1) folklore (1) Folklore/Hymns/Songs (1) Foreign Language (1) forrest wilson (1) Free Books (3) freud (1) Games (1) gaskell (1) Girl (2) Give Away-Contests (1) goldilocks (1) Grammar-Handwriting-Writing (1) grown up complicity (24) Handbook of Nature Study (1) Harriet Ziefert (1) helen sewell (1) HEO (1) History-Geography (1) homeschooling (1) Idiomas (1) jabberwocky (1) jan ormerod (1) Jerome Snyder (1) jojankovsky (1) Karen McArthur (1) kate dicamillo (1) keller (1) Kenneth Grahame (1) Kindle (1) langstaff (1) leo politi (1) leonard weisgard (1) lewis carroll (1) louise brierley (1) Lucinda McQueen (1) ludwig bemelmans (1) madeline (1) Maid (1) make way for ducklings (1) manners (1) Margot Austin (1) Marguerite Henry (1) Martin Waddell (1) math/geometry (1) Maurice Sendak (2) Mercer Mayer (1) mice (1) Miriam Young (1) Miss Suzy (1) munro leaf (1) My Father's Dragon (1) my thoughts (1) mystery (1) Natural Book Complicity (4) Natural Toys (1) Notebooks (1) Nursery Rhyme (1) Oliver (1) Opal Wheeler (1) Owls (1) Patric Benson (1) Patricia Lee Gauch (1) Phoebe Dunn (1) pictures to hang (1) poetry (2) Polka Dots (1) Postcards (2) Prairie Willow (1) Prizes (1) Provensen (3) Recycled (1) Red Butterfly (1) Richard Scurry (1) robert mccloskey (1) Ruth Stiles Gannet (1) Sammy The Seal (1) Science (1) science/nature (1) Seashore (1) sherlock holmes (1) Snail (1) Snow (1) soldiers (1) squirrel (2) Stephen Krensky (1) Sticks and Stones (1) Sun (1) Susan Bonners (1) Syd Hoff (2) thackeray (1) thanksgiving (1) The Buffalo Storm (1) The Horse in Harry's Room (1) the miraculous journey of edward tulane (1) the trumpet of the swan (1) The Wee Kitten (1) thingumajig (1) three bears (1) Three Little Kittens (1) Trucks (1) Tschaikowsky (1) vanity fair (1) victorian novel (1) Vintage Boy and Dog (1) Walpole (1) walter de la mare (1) what it feels like to be a building (1) Wiener Dog (1) William Blake's Inn (2) Wizard of Oz (1) young adult (1) young adult complicity (3) Zolotow (1)

Archive/ Archivo

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Follow by Email ~ Sigue por correo

Total Pageviews

email:

silviacachia at gmail dot com