Content

What's on your Nightstand?

This is on mine:

Before I give you details, I'd say that I was not the winner of the 12 Dickens books! Sniff. My consolation: at Forgotten Bookmarks there is one every Friday.

BOOK 1:

On the left pile, starting from the top, you can see Hamlet. Yay! I was supposed to have read some Shakespeare already, but it has taken me some time. The Folger Shakespeare has notes on the left hand side, original on the right hand side. We don't have to read all the notes if we don't need to, but they are there to help, as the introduction to the play.

BOOK 2:

Tales of The Alhambra, by Washington Irving. This book is also waiting for me in Madrid, at my parents home. My sister bought it for me. She diligently goes to the used and rare bookstores in Madrid, or orders the books I tell her. I have not started it yet, but the watercolor paintings are lovely.


BOOKS 3 and 4:

Not really a book. In third place is my paper white Kindle. In it I am reading Phantastes, by George McDonald, and El Quijote. I have a nice retro copy of Phantastes, but the Kindle is convenient for night reading because it has a light and I don't disturb my husband that way. The fourth item is my other kindle. Both are always traveling upstairs and downstairs.

BOOK 5:

101 Famous Poems collected by Roy J. Cook. I read one here, one there, and that pleases me.

BOOK 6:

Biblia Reina Valera. It is a Spanish Bible in the version I prefer. Under it there is an issue of a magazine called Reason and Revelation. Some of the articles published in their magazine you can read them in their site.

SECOND PILE, starting with the dictionary on top

BOOK 1:

Merriam-Webster New Dictionary. I guess it is vintage to have dictionaries on this google era, but they are useful. Words are so lovable, new ones are always showing up in the diverse books I read, and looking them up is rewarding.

BOOK 2:

Heather let me borrow her Three Men in a Boat. I have started a few pages, and it is fun and upbeat. Though I do not mind reading several books at a time, it will have to wait along with Irving's book. All the started ones or at least two, should be finished before starting a new one.

BOOK 3:

The Karamazov Brothers, by Dostoevsky. I came back to it and I am hooked again. I read se3veral titles in between, and I was at risk of having to start it all over and not finishing it. Highly satisfying literature, this Dostoevsky.

BOOK 4:

Sherlock Holmes and the Needle's Eye. Very enjoyable. It has chapters with beginning and end. I have read three stories so far and I have liked them. If I start one, I have to finish it or loose it.


Under this book, Biblical Archeology Review magazine. An interesting issue I have borrowed that has an article about Solomon's Temple.

And you? What is in your nightstand?

0 In Your Words:

Labels

A Big Treasury of Little Animals (1) A Peaceble Kingdom (1) ABC (1) About Books Complicity (1) About Reading (1) agatha christie (1) Aladdin (1) alice dalgliesh (1) Aliki (1) ALL SOLD-GIFTED (5) Alligator (1) ambleside curriculum (1) angela barrett (1) anita lobel (1) Ant (1) Anthony Browne (1) Arnold Lobel (1) art (1) art/craft/cooking (2) Artist-Composer (1) Babar (1) Babbitt (1) baby (1) Barkley (1) Barney's Adventures (3) Bear (1) Biography (1) Birthday (1) Blogging for books (2) Blogroll (1) Blue (1) Book Blogs (1) Book Illustrations (1) Book Journals (1) Book reviews (9) Bookmark Notebook Holder (1) Bookmarks (5) Books Complicity (42) Books Complicity Give Away (8) books from traditional songs (1) Books NEVER to deconstruct (2) Books to Bond with (6) Boy (2) Brighty of the Grand Canyon (1) caldecott (1) Caldecott Art (1) Cat (2) Chapter Books (1) Chester (1) Children Complicity (18) Christianity (1) Christina Katerina and the Box (1) christmas (1) Dagmar Wilson (2) Danny and the Dinosaur (1) dava sobel (1) David Shannon (1) Dinosaurs (1) Don Madden (1) e.b. white (1) education (1) Edward Lear (1) Esther Averill (1) Estimation and Election (1) etsy (42) Farm Animals (1) folklore (1) Folklore/Hymns/Songs (1) Foreign Language (1) forrest wilson (1) Free Books (3) freud (1) Games (1) gaskell (1) Girl (2) Give Away-Contests (1) goldilocks (1) Grammar-Handwriting-Writing (1) grown up complicity (24) Handbook of Nature Study (1) Harriet Ziefert (1) helen sewell (1) HEO (1) History-Geography (1) homeschooling (1) Idiomas (1) jabberwocky (1) jan ormerod (1) Jerome Snyder (1) jojankovsky (1) Karen McArthur (1) kate dicamillo (1) keller (1) Kenneth Grahame (1) Kindle (1) langstaff (1) leo politi (1) leonard weisgard (1) lewis carroll (1) louise brierley (1) Lucinda McQueen (1) ludwig bemelmans (1) madeline (1) Maid (1) make way for ducklings (1) manners (1) Margot Austin (1) Marguerite Henry (1) Martin Waddell (1) math/geometry (1) Maurice Sendak (2) Mercer Mayer (1) mice (1) Miriam Young (1) Miss Suzy (1) munro leaf (1) My Father's Dragon (1) my thoughts (1) mystery (1) Natural Book Complicity (4) Natural Toys (1) Notebooks (1) Nursery Rhyme (1) Oliver (1) Opal Wheeler (1) Owls (1) Patric Benson (1) Patricia Lee Gauch (1) Phoebe Dunn (1) pictures to hang (1) poetry (2) Polka Dots (1) Postcards (2) Prairie Willow (1) Prizes (1) Provensen (3) Recycled (1) Red Butterfly (1) Richard Scurry (1) robert mccloskey (1) Ruth Stiles Gannet (1) Sammy The Seal (1) Science (1) science/nature (1) Seashore (1) sherlock holmes (1) Snail (1) Snow (1) soldiers (1) squirrel (2) Stephen Krensky (1) Sticks and Stones (1) Sun (1) Susan Bonners (1) Syd Hoff (2) thackeray (1) thanksgiving (1) The Buffalo Storm (1) The Horse in Harry's Room (1) the miraculous journey of edward tulane (1) the trumpet of the swan (1) The Wee Kitten (1) thingumajig (1) three bears (1) Three Little Kittens (1) Trucks (1) Tschaikowsky (1) vanity fair (1) victorian novel (1) Vintage Boy and Dog (1) Walpole (1) walter de la mare (1) what it feels like to be a building (1) Wiener Dog (1) William Blake's Inn (2) Wizard of Oz (1) young adult (1) young adult complicity (3) Zolotow (1)

Archive/ Archivo

Follow by email, RSS, Google...

Follow by Email ~ Sigue por correo

Total Pageviews

email:

silviacachia at gmail dot com